This lab approves and calibrates the devices used by the technicians installing tachographs and speed limitation devices.
This laboratory ratifies and calibrates the equipment used by the installers of tachographs and speed-limiters.
The Vias institute’s Mechanics lab is accredited by FPS Mobility and Transport as a technical service for the ratification and calibration of equipment used by installers of tachographs, in accordance with the RD of 14th July 2005. This lab also has accreditation to carry out inspections at the workshops of accredited installers of tachographs, in accordance with the same RD.
Vias institute is also accredited by FPS Mobility and Transport to carry out inspections at the workshops of accredited installers of speed-limiters (RD of 15th February 2006). The lab has two fully equipped vehicles for conducting comprehensive inspections of workshops and for calibrating all equipment on the spot.
Ratification of equipment
A company is only allowed to sell specific equipment if it has been issued with a certificate of approval. The Vias institute’s Mechanics lab is accredited by BELAC accreditation number (110 Test), in accordance with the ISO17025 standard for research and conducting tests.
Inspection of workshops
Inspections of the workshops used by accredited installers of tachographs and speed-limiters check that the requirements of FPS Mobility and Transport are being applied correctly. This annual inspection checks:
- the validity of the installer’s accreditation
- the validity of the training and course completion certificates
- the presence and condition of the required equipment and infrastructure
- the presence of workshop certificates
- the validity of the verification and calibration certificates for the equipment
- the worksheets
- the computer filesVias institute is accredited in accordance with the ISO17025 standard for the calibration of equipment used in the workshops of the accredited installers of tachographs. The following equipment is calibrated on-site at the customer:
Full calibration on-site
- speed simulators
- impulse meters
- test tracks
- test processes
- test equipment
For more information, please contact email@example.com