Project manager - Road safety & security
Vias institute is a knowledge centre that focuses on sustainable behavioral change in order to reduce social risks. We have been doing this for more than 30 years in the framework of road safety, but over the last years, our focus has been extended to the domains of mobility, safety and health care. Vias institute is involved in research, advises, develops innovative applications and provides training. We work for citizens, policy makers, governments and companies, both nationally and internationally. As an employee at Vias, you work together with 130 colleagues in order to achieve our goal of a safer society.
For our team, we are currently looking for a:
Project Manager Road Safety & Security
- You manage, execute and participate in various national and international projects, with a focus on technological innovation in the field of road safety and/or security.
- You are involved in research activities of our knowledge centre.
- You translate technological innovations into integrated solutions to improve safety and you are part of creating and defining the future of (road) safety.
- You manage projects in different aspects, also the administrative part.
- You build up expertise and develop a network of relevant contacts.
- You monitor relevant legislation, trends and technological evolutions in the domains of road safety and security.
- You monitor the public tenders and detect opportunities. You draw up files for public tenders, in consultation with colleagues and partners.
- You have at least 3 years of experience within project management and you are prepared to take responsibility by means of monitoring an international or national project.
- You have a master degree in studies related to the domains of social sciences, criminology, (traffic) safety, security.
- You are interested in societal questions, for example road safety, security, resilience and preparedness to security crisis etc.
- You have an affinity with new technologies.
- You are hands-on, flexible, stress-resistant, creative and innovative.
- You are customer oriented and a real team player.
- Very good knowledge of French or Dutch is required as well as a good knowledge of English.
- Vias institute offers you a versatile job in a professional and innovative work environment with room to further develop your skills, according to your background and interests.
- For this position, we offer a full time contract with a salary in line with your experience and expertise. In addition, we also provide extralegal benefits such as for example meal vouchers, ecocheques, hospitalization insurance and group insurance.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you interested in working at Vias? Send us your resume and motivation letter via email@example.com. For questions, you can also reach us via firstname.lastname@example.org.