Trainee Road safety & mobility
Improve road safety, together with mobility and social safety: that is the goal of Vias institute as a major Belgian knowledge centre.
Vias institute has a dynamic and multidisciplinary team with a focus on research, advice and development of innovative applications. To this end, we work closely with research institutes, citizens, policymakers and companies in Belgium and abroad.
To strenghten our team, we are looking for a:
Trainee - Road Safety & Mobility
As a trainee, you are involved in various teams and projects and get to know the organisation from the inside out.
- You support the road safety research team, which uses qualitatively and quantitatively applied research to evaluate the effect of road safety measures and investigate new developments or specific policy questions.
- You will participate in national and/or international projects on technological innovation regarding traffic safety and/or mobility.
- You answer questions and formulate advice for citizens, road authorities and other actors in the field of road safety and mobility.
- It is also possible that you will do some field work and workshops in companies, depending on which projects you will be working on.
- You will gain more in-depth knowledge on traffic safety and/or mobility and build up expertise. Depending on your strengths and ambitions, you will further evolve within a specific role within the company.
- You have a relevant master's degree such as economics, engineering, transport planning, mobility, criminology or similar.
- A first experience in the field of traffic safety or mobility is a great asset but not a must.
- You are result-oriented, a real team player and you have strong communication skills.
- You can express yourself very fluently in Dutch and/or French and have a good knowledge of English.
Vias institute offers a diversified function in a professional and future-oriented organisation with a salary package in line with the market as well as a package of extra-legal benefits (meal vouchers, eco vouchers, health insurance, group insurance, and so on).
You will get the chance to discover different departments and projects and to evolve within different domains of interest.
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. For further information, feel free to contact Kelly Reynders via 02 244 15 04.